We are in the full swing of summer ladies and gents! That means farmer’s markets are also in full swing! I’m a lover of all things summer: blue sky vacations, sun-kissed skin, and the incredible variety of fruits and veggies that we get to enjoy during these beautiful summer months.
Less time spent in the kitchen means more time spent with family and friends. This quick and easy 8-ingredient farmer’s market pasta salad uses fresh cherry tomatoes, raw squash and zucchini, basil and garlic to create a simple yet flavorful dish! Feel free to get creative with the type of noodles you use. This dish is so tasty that you can’t go wrong!
Looking for a farmers market near you? Click here!
8 Ingredient Farmer’s Market Pasta Salad
- 1 lb. whole wheat or gluten free pasta
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup + 1/2 TBSP olive oil
- 2 1/2 TBSP lemon juice
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes (or heirloom)
- 1 zucchini diced
- 1 summer squash diced
- 15-20 basil leaves chopped up
- salt and fresh cracked pepper taste
- optional: 2 TBSP nutritional yeast*
Also see our Easy Soba Noodle Salad
- Cook pasta according to package, drain and rinse when done.
- While pasta is cooking, mince garlic, dice zucchini and squash, and cut cherry tomatoes in half. If using heirloom tomatoes, dice.
- Chop basil leaves into small pieces.
- Add ¼ cup olive oil, 2 TBSP lemon juice, basil, and minced garlic in the bottom of a large bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Next, add pasta and prepped veggies, stir to combine.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill in refrigerator, or serve warm.
- Right before serving, add remaining ½ TBSP lemon juice and ½ TBSP olive oil to refresh. Enjoy!
Brining this salad to an outdoor party? Pack some pineapple and throw this on the grill for a tasty dessert.
Tag us in your Farmer Market Pasta Salad pics! #amarerecipes