Hello, Summer!! It’s here, and it’s grand! Time to pull out your favorite pair of cutoff shorts and enjoy the warmer temperatures. While you’re at it, dust off that barbecue and get ready to grill up some pineapple for this refreshing summer dessert. It’s quick, easy, and oh-so-satisfying!
makes 4 servings
- 1 pineapple cut into 1” cubes (3-5 cubes per person)
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon water
- 24 oz. coconut yogurt (plain or vanilla flavor)
- fresh mint leaves
- wooden and metal skewers
- Mix the sugars, vanilla, and water in a medium size bowl until dissolved.
- Add the pineapple cubes and stir to coat the pineapple well.
- Thread the cubes onto the metal skewers.
- Grill the skewers either over a charcoal grill or gas grill. If using charcoal, put the skewers on the side of the grill where the coals are a lower heat.
- Grill the pineapple for a minute or two on each side until nicely browned. These cook quickly, so watch them carefully.
- Remove the skewers to a platter to cool slightly. When they are cool enough to handle easily, slide them off the skewers and thread them on to the wooden skewers, about 3-5 cubes per skewer. Serve with coconut yogurt and garnish with fresh mint leaves.
Want more vegan recipes from Deb? Check out:
We want to see how you’re satisfying summer desserts! Tag us on Instagram #amarerecipes